Страници

Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Tallest Man On Earth's Shallow Grave

Also known as Kristian Matsson.







He was born on April 30, 1983 in Dalarna, Sweden.
Plays banjo, guitar, piano.
I got acquainted with his 2008 debut album Shallow Grave some time after I had discovered
the Anthology of American Folk Music by Harry Smith.
Kristian Matsson's done his homework, and the music sounds like a gust
Of fresh wind. His raspy voice has a hate-it-or-love-it quality to it.






I've put up some songs from the album for your listening pleasure.


















I missed him on November 25, 2010 in Leeds.
A friend and I wanted to go there and see him play live.
And that will happen, just not in Leeds on November 25, 2010.



This last song is from his 2010 Sometimes the Blues Is Just a Passing Bird EP







Here is a link I've put up in Megaupload for Shallow Grave where you can download his debut album. I hope you enjoy the listening experience, and buy the real thing, as it is worth it.






No comments:

Post a Comment